Quick start guide to capo.js
capo.js is a tool for assessing the quality of the document
<head>. You can run it in your browser as a Chrome extension or DevTools snippet, in a testing environment like WebPageTest, or an analytical datastore like BigQuery.
<head> can lead to poor performance and a poor user experience.
capo.js can help you identify and fix these issues.
Veloce: Chrome extension
The best way to start using
capo.js is to install the Capo extension for Chrome:
- Navigate to the Capo extension in the Chrome Web Store
- Click the Add to Chrome button
- On any page, click the Capo icon
in the browser toolbar
- Open the DevTools Console to see additional logs
Learn more about using the extension and interpreting the results.
The next best way to use
capo.js is as an executable snippet in your browser.
- Copy the
- Save as a new DevTools snippet
- Open the DevTools Sources panel
- Create a new snippet
- Paste the snippet into the editor
- Save as “Capo”
- Run the snippet on any web page
- Open the DevTools Console panel
- Select the “Capo” snippet
- Click the “Run” button (or Cmd + Enter)
Alternatively, you can save the snippet as a bookmarklet:
- Copy the
- Create the bookmarklet using a tool like this one
- Execute the bookmarklet on any web page to run
Learn more about using the snippet.